Saturday, March 24, 2012

Treat games


I know its been a while since my last update, and I apologize for that. It's been a busy week.

Jasper is still making slow and steady progress. I have been continuing our treat games, and he has built up a great deal of trust as a result. He has now progressed to the point where I can put the small pile of treats right in front of my face (close enough that he ends up inadvertently  headbutting my face when he's eating). I am now working on being further and further away from him when I do this, thereby slowing convincing him to come out from under the bed while I'm in the room. 

He has, on a few occasions now, gone over to his food bowl after this game, and while I am still partially under the bed where he can keep an eye on me. Any movement on my part still sends him ducking for cover again, but I am pleased that he at least feels comfortable enough to do that much. 

I think the most gratifying thing about his current progress is that when I give him slow blinks, he has started to return them. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment