Friday, March 9, 2012

Bitter-sweet news

It turns out Gamine belongs to my upstairs neighbour. She got out 2 days before he had to leave for a trip to France. He tried knocking on my door the day after she went missing, hoping she was with me since he knows I have cats of my own, but I wasn't home at the time, and then he had to leave the country. He just got back this evening and the first thing he did was come and knock on my door to check again.

On the one hand, I'm glad that I was able to keep her safe and reunite her with her family. It was obvious how much he loves her and how relieved he was that she was safe and sound all this time. But I'm sad that she's gone. I'd gotten really attached to my little snugglebunny, and she had become a lovely addition to my little cat family. Even Kitty liked her, and he notoriously hates everything. She's only been gone a few minutes and already the house seems emptier without her. =/

No comments:

Post a Comment