Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Identification

Oh wow! More Jasper updates already!
He's definitely gaining confidence in me and in his surroundings. He still needs a minute or two between when I shimmy under the bed with him, and when I can start moving around again, but that necessary moment of stillness is getting shorter with each visit.

Today, while feeding him treats, I left my hand near him to see if he would bat at my finger again. He didn't, but he did let me gently pet his toes for almost a good minute before he decided that was enough of that and pulled back out of my reach.

And as if that wasn't exciting enough, this evening we played together for the first time! One of his toy mice happened to be within my reach, so on a whim I decided to bat it around a few times. And suddenly whoosh! He completely forgets that he's nervous, and is 100% fully engaged, complete with ears pricked up & facing forward and whiskers bristling with excitement. We even took turns batting it back and forth between us which was super cute! 

I finally got a good look at the pads of his feet while we were playing. I've been waiting patiently to see them as they are a fairly classic identifier for Russian Blues. And the answer is nope, not a Russian Blue. Although he does have the silver tipped double coat that Blue's have, both his eyes and the pads of his feet are the wrong colour for a true Blue. Regardless, breed cat or no, he is one stunning boy once the fear fades from his eyes. Can't wait to see that little happy face of his more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment