Thursday, March 1, 2012

Baby steps


A small bit of exciting news to relate about Jasper. Last night, while I was laying on the floor near him reading, he flopped over on his side and watched me sleepily for a few minutes before falling asleep. :) He may not yet trust me enough to come near, or to let me near, but he's at least *starting* to get used to my presence.

Then later that evening, while I was reading on my bed, he came out to go to his food dish twice while I was in the room. He did end up skulking back under the bed both times when he realized I was still in the room, but his body language was more embarrassed at being seen than fearful. Once I saw that he is still not comfortable having me in the room when he's eating, I moved to the living room for a few hours to allow him time to eat in peace and quiet.  

He was also singing at my bedroom window at around 6am this morning. ;) Thankfully, I'm used to my boy cat doing the same thing, so I knew what was happening instead of waking up thinking he was distressed somehow. I quietly said good morning to him, and the singing stopped immediately. I can only presume he scooted back under the bed at that point (it was still too dark to see anything).

They may only be baby steps, but I am nonetheless pleased with his progress. And I feel that a breakthrough is on it's way. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment