Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Jasper update

I think the thing that amazes me the most about Jasper is his genuine desire to be friends with everyone here in the home for wayward cats. Although he is easily the biggest cat here, he is quite content to take a lesser role in the hierarchy and often goes out of his way to look out for the younger cats (Joni and Mina included) before tending his own interests. This is best seen during mealtimes, where he will patiently (and not at all fearfully) wait until the little ones have started eating before he does. You can almost see him doing a mental count to ensure they're all there and that they all have access to their food before he's content enough to begin eating.




I've been promising his rescuer that I would post a video of him playing with the little ones, so I snagged this one of them playing with the laser pointer the other day. You can really see the size difference between them. Even wee Durango, the youngest of the lot, is bigger than my two mini cats, Joni and Mina. But Jasper is huge in comparison. It's so ridiculously cute to watch them playing together, I honestly don't know how I stand it. ;)

His progress is best described as slow but steady. He gains just a fraction more confidence with each day that passes. He's still painfully shy, and unlike Durango, he still runs and hides when the doorbell rings. But he is still making progress, which is the important part. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment