Friday, May 18, 2012

Weekly update 5.18.12

Whew! Busy times! Its been a week of ups and downs in the home for wayward cats. Since there's something to update for just about everyone, but not enough to qualify for individual posts, I'm combining them into one big post for this week.

Durango
Durango had his first real brushing last night. He's still very shy about being touched, but absolutely adores being pet and brushed if you can catch him at the right times. This usually involves sitting on the floor and petting Jasper and waiting patiently for Durango to come over to investigate. He's still doing that funny little move where he comes within reach while I'm petting Jasper, then just stands there pointedly until I reach out to pet him.
I'd already discovered that he enjoyed being brushed, but last night was the first time he trusted me enough to hold him still with one hand while brushing him. The amount of dead fur I got off of him was astounding considering his wee size.

That's almost enough hair to make a second Durango.

Jasper 
We're still having a bit of trouble with the knots on Jasper's belly and hind quarters, which has been exacerbated by a recent bit of poopy bum. Poor fella is so embarrassed by the experience, but still unwilling to let me get rid of the knots there. It made for an out of sorts, stinky week. On the bright side, between both of our efforts, the worst of his bum issues have been resolved and he is back to his usual happy self. He is definitely feeling perkier and more friendly now, and is showing considerable interest in being able to go be with the rest of the brood. But since both Kitty and Mina are feeling under the weather, I'm keeping the boys safe in their quarantine for the time being.

My handsome man!

Kitty
My Kittyboo had an infection in his mouth that was causing ulcers on his gums and lips. He was barely able to eat soft food by the time I became aware of it. I knew he was being a little fussy about his food, but had assumed it was due to the stress of dealing with so many new arrivals. Needless to say, I got his furry bum to the vet and he's been on antibiotics for the last week. Thankfully, it's not contagious, since all of the cats routinely eat out of each others bowls. But it has made him grumpier than normal. And combine that with the fact that my Feliway refills are empty, well.... he's been much grumpier than usual. On the bright side, we're almost done with the antibiotics and I'll be able to get more Feliway in a few days so life should return to normal soon.

Mina
Later in the afternoon, on the same day I had to take Kitty in to the vet, I discovered that Miss Mina had ear infections in both ears. So back to the vet we went, and another round of antibiotics were proscribed. The infections haven't seemed to affect her at all, as she is her usual, spunky, playful self. She does still cherish her snuggle time with Joni though, and I managed to snap this extra cute pic of the cuddled in the same basket.

Seriously... how cute is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment